отчет с концерта W.A.S.P. - Alrosa Villa, Columbus, 2010 на англ.

Заголовок сообщения: отчет с концерта W.A.S.P. - Alrosa Villa, Columbus, 2010 на англ.
СообщениеДобавлено: 10 июн 2014, 22:13 

отчет с концерта W.A.S.P. - Alrosa Villa, Columbus, 2010 на англ.

-out Alrosa Villa welcomed shock legends W.A.S.P., currently in the midst of their 'Beast of Babylon world tour. As the stage lights bled a red and yellow haze, the acoustic sounds of "Mepshisto Waltz" slowly built to the coming assault. The band hit the stage shortly after 10:30 PM, launching into the W.A.S.P. classic, On Your Knees, and proceeded to pummel the packed club with an eighty-minute set. While the show mostly consisted of well-known favorites from over the years, Blackie Lawless and company made sure to mix in a few recent numbers as well. Foregoing any stage props, and keeping the stage banter to a minimum, the usually outspoken Lawless let the music speak for itself. The band was tight and in fine form, delivering one of the best shows this reviewer has seen the band perform.
As soon as the opening number ended, the band quickly launched right into their version of The Whos The Real Me. Long-time bassist, Mike Duda, tossed his pick into the crowd and nailed John Entwistles thundering bass lines perfectly with his fingers. Following a blazing three-song medley, Blackie introduced one of the bands earliest hits. Sporting an Oakland Raiders-themed W.A.S.P. shirt over leather sleeves, with saw blades spouting from his wrists, Lawless told the crowd that all he needs is his L.O.V.E. Machine. Switching gears from old to new, Blackie informed the crowd that the band has a new album out called Babylon, and that they were going to play a couple of songs from it. The first number, Crazy, has an opening riff that is reminiscent of Wild Child, and is just as melodic and memorable. The second song, Babylons Burning, thundered like a stable of galloping horses and really showed off guitarist Doug Blairs blistering fretwork. Both were well received by the crowd, and showed that Lawless can still write great songs something that cant be said of many of his contemporaries.
The aforementioned Wild Child was next, as drummer Mike Dupke continued to deliver a solid performance. Technically precise and entertaining to watch, he was literally bouncing in his seat for the entire show. Next was a mini-set of songs from the bands epic concept album, The Crimson Idol, including the crushing Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the Rue Morgue). The band returned to their more recent work with Take Me Up, from 2007s Dominator, before closing down the main set with their second-ever single, I Wanna Be Somebody. Leaving the stage for a few short moments, Lawless brought the band back to the stage for a rousing seven-minute version of Blind in Texas.
Unfortunately the club wasnt able to accommodate the video show that accompanies the bands set, which was something I was looking forward to, following our interview with Blackie Lawless. Regardless, be sure to catch W.A.S.P. on the Beast of Babylon tour if they come to your city - you wont be disappointed.
Setlist:

Mephisto Waltz
On Your Knees
The Real Me (The Who cover)
Hellion / I Don't Need No Doctor / Scream Until You Like It (Medley)
L.O.V.E. Machine
Crazy
Babylon's Burning
Wild Child
Arena Of Pleasure
Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the Rue Morgue)
The Idol
Take Me Up
I Wanna Be Somebody

Encore:

Blind In Texas

We would like to thank Backstagexxess.com Correspondent Leanne Skeen for helping out with the photos and Carol Kaye of Kayos Productions for allowing us to cover the show.

Вложения:
ba186 small.jpg
ba186 small.jpg [ 21.17 KIB | Просмотров: 798 ]